Fall is probably my favorite season and everything about this bowl just makes me feel like I'm back in October, wearing comfy layers and listening to Alabama Shakes. This oatmeal breakfast bowl is probably one of the sweetest I've ever made, but it's still pretty healthy and very filling. If you've got a long day ahead of you, this is a good choice.
Start off by preparing the oatmeal with as much milk (or water) as you'd like to get the desired consistency. In making mine I mixed in a teaspoon of chai powder. All the other ingredients I added on as toppings, which is my favorite part because as good as oatmeal is, the consistency and taste can get boring.
- 1 serving of rolled oatmeal
- unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp of chai powder. I used Oregon Chai.
- tbsp crunchy almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut shreds
- 1 tbsp coconut butter. I used Davidson of Dundee who are based here in Florida and also make the most amazing guava and orange-pineapple jelly.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp pepitas
- 1 pumpkin fat ball. I loosely based mine on Lee From America's recipe.
- 1/2 cup blueberries
If you are avoiding sugar, I would suggest leaving out the coconut butter as this particular one is very sweet and not like other coconut butters I've found and have been wanting to try. The oatmeal, almond butter, coconut shreds, chia seeds, and pepitas were all purchased in bulk and from Lucky's Market in Orlando. I bring my own containers to avoid using plastic bags and extra packaging.